“Discipline is wanting something badly enough to go to extremes to get it”.
• Team branding
• Team identification & core traits
• Key words & actions
• Habits - Apply & achieve
Success - Activities that continuously improve all functions and involve all people within the club.
• Crossroads - What one thing will you change & avoiding diminishing results
• Do your job for the team
• Selecting the best team players - Ferguson
• We’re not playing them - They’re playing us
“Maturity is the willingness to temporarily delay pleasure for a future gain”.
• Preparation timeline - Through the week
• Pre-game preparation - Own time, Coach time, Team time.
• Match - Goal setting V Peaks & troughs
• Extra work + one percenters.1%
Am I preparing correctly & assisting my teammates.
• The success formula - Focus & process
• Training performance factors - Physical, Mental, Nutritional
• 4 key areas for performance & accountability
• Preparation - Training - Performance - Recovery
How we act & react to challenges will determine the outcome for self & team.
• Standards above mediocrity - How you prepare dictates how you perform
• Non acceptance of below par efforts - Simple tactics to use at training
• Obstacles & opportunities - Every game gives us something to work with
• Teamwork & mentoring - Development involves everyone
Who will recognise hotspots and provide the spark?
• Positive body language is infectious - Awareness & responses
• Communication & responsibilities - Positional traits
• KPI’s - Reactions under pressure - Be the first
• Delivering the message - Be the eyes for your teammates
The culture of coaching, what you give out is what you get back.
• Pre-match timing & key messages
• Focus areas at the breaks - Negatives + positives
• The training week - Variety - Physical & mental preparation, player meetings, selection
• Game plan application - Thinking on the spot & under pressure. Planning, tactics & flexibility.
Being prepared for any situation, challenges, conditions that are within our control.
• Anywhere - Anytime
• Controlling adrenalin
• Identifying our Strengths & deficiencies
• Decision making - How we train is how we play (A, B, C)
It costs nothing to contribute verbally & provide positive body language.
• On-field communication & synergy
• The right message at the right time
• Skill execution - The 90/10 factor
• KPI’s - On field triggers & performance recognition
“If we can measure it we can monitor it”. Having a ‘feel’ for the game.
• Resilience & self belief
• Circle of influence - Coaches, teammates, friends, family
• Support structures - In & away from the club environment
• Awareness - Gaining ascendency v diminishing results
The effects of nutrition on your training & playing performance.
• Eating for performance overview
• Carbs - Protein - Fats. Functions - What, when, why
• Weekly eating in season: Recovery - Training - Playing
• Game day preparation & eating - Maximising energy & performance output
The right foods at the right time will make a big impact.
• What healthy daily eating looks like
• Identifying Meal timing
• Eating prior to training
• Eating for recovery
Often overlooked. At 2% dehydration decision making & skills are eroded.
• Your individual hydration rates & easy calculations
• Sports drinks V Energy drinks
• Dangers of Energy drinks
• Post training & playing fuel
A little education goes such a long way. How to prepare & eat for your individual needs.
• Sports self audit - Why keeping a food & energy diary is important
• Healthy Snacks v junk food - Consequences
• Off season eating - Depending on goals & plans
• Supplements - What, when & why.